Friday, February 29, 2008

Mumbai hotel day...

Soooo I finally managed to cram some writing out of my mind and onto... well not paper but at least it's digital representation. So far it's not very good, but hey that can wait as long as I get something down right? Basically I've started on the introduction and background things. I tend to find things I need to cite from someone so it's slow, but I'm filling up my .bib file :) I'm not 100% sure on how to write a thesis, but I hope that once we get through the background stuff we wont need to do much more citing of things since we are mainly developing something new.

On the issue of the phoneme corpus thing. As long as we have a marked up speech corpus (doesn't really matter what it contains as long as it's a good mix of sounds) we should be able to use that, right? If we have the phoneme mark up for such a corpus we can record our own, by just pronouncing those phoneme sequences. 2000 words might sound a lot but it's really just about 4 pages of text.

Anyways, now I'm going to head to the gym for a while so that when I get back to Sweden I'll be buff like a the all conquering Schwartzenegger (in his youth)!!! Muwahaha! :) Oh, I'll post up some pics for here too.

No comments: